Saturday, August 14, 2010

Nikki = Hermit

That's about as good as my math gets.

I will be a teacher in one week and one day. I will have students. I will have a classroom. I will be responsible for an entire year of their learning, growth, and progress. I will be held accountable for their TAKS scores. Oh. my. gosh. I am 60% excited. . .40% terrified.

I have been working diligently to finish all of my certifications and tests before the school year begins. I finally finished everything about twenty minutes ago! I still have some preparations to complete for the school year, of course--planning lessons, collecting supplies, etc--but the (expensive!) tests are over. I am so relieved; I'll finally be able to leave my house! I've honestly felt like a hermit, cooped up here studying, quizzing, and testing. It's been incredibly stressful, but it's a labor of love. I am SO excited to begin my new career.
Next week is in-service week. I've become friends with my high school's tennis coach/business instructor, and it's so nice to have someone to go through the chaos with. We'll be experiencing the confusion and stress together. . .preferably over a pitcher of margaritas!

On another note, my mother spent ALL day last Saturday helping me clean, organize, and decorate my classroom. She is such a Godsend! We scrubbed, pinned, cut, glued, arranged, rearranged, posted, tacked, scrubbed, and sanitized all day long. Here are some pictures!


I've added pictures of my family to my desk & more books to the bookshelves since these pictures were taken. It's a great big room with a row of windows along the back. I put pretty butterfly decals all over the windows. :) I want my kids to feel comfortable when they walk in the room. I remember walking into rooms that resembled dungeons when I was in high school; I definitely don't want my room to feel that way.

I'll keep you updated. I'm only one week away from meeting my kids! I can't wait to tell you about them.

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. excited to hear all about your kids and school year! We are soooo proud of you :)
    Luv ya, mama M.

    ReplyDelete