Monday, July 26, 2010

CPR

Today I took a CPR training class. I'm not sure I've ever paid better attention in a class before! It was a little daunting to realize that I'm going to be the person in charge if and when something goes wrong in my classroom. I practiced on the training dummy several times, and when I came home, I asked Kevin if he would willingly play the unconscious victim.
He agreed, laid down, closed his eyes, and let his tongue roll out of his mouth like a cartoon character.
Ew!

Even though it's intimidating, it's nice to know how to perform CPR & the heimlich. And I met a FANTASTIC girl who is a new coach and teacher as well. We're figuring this whole thing out together, and it's really nice to have someone to learn the ropes with. We've got similar values, and she's really likable; I think we'll get along well this year. We went to Blue Goose after training today, joking that we'll be needing a couple Margaritas once the school year starts. ;)

I take my ESL exam this Thursday, so I'll be studying for the next two days. I'll start getting my classroom ready next week. I'm SO excited! I can't believe I've got a "big girl" job now. Haha!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment